New Orleans Electrician At Your Service
Affordable Electrical Repair & Installation Services Now Available
Electrical issues can cause a real inconvenience for you and your family. In some cases, these problems can even pose a risk to your safety. At Doug's, we offer a full line of residential and commercial electrical repair services designed to ensure that you stay safe and comfortable in your southern Louisiana home or business. Our expert electricians in New Orleans can resolve your problems quickly and effectively to minimize the impact on your activities.
Common Electrical Problems
Some of the most common electrical problems for homeowners include:
- Power surges that can damage delicate computing and audiovisual equipment
- Ground-fault circuit interrupter problems
- Circuit breakers that trip constantly
- Frayed or damaged wiring
- Burnt electrical outlets
- Faulty connections
- Lighting issues
The friendly and knowledgeable experts at Doug's can provide you with the electrical repair services needed to restore your home to full functionality. We proudly serve New Orleans, Thibodaux, Houma, and the surrounding areas.
5 Subtle Signs You Need An Electrician
1. Buzzing - While electricity does a million things, it's supposed to do so silently. If you can hear buzzing from an electrical appliance contact the manufacturer, but if it's coming from your lights or electrical panel contact your New Orleans electrician.
2. Flickering lights - If your electrical grid is spread too thin, your flickering lights will be the first indication that you might want to upgrade your electrical panel.
3. A power brick attached to another - Even if you're considering attaching a power brick to another then you don't have the outlets you need. Give us a call and we'll provide you with all the electrical outlets you need to avoid this fire hazard.
4. Outlets that are warm to the touch - Like the buzzing sound, electricity isn't supposed to get hot if everything is wired correctly. If you're even noticing that it's a little bit warm it's better to be safe than sorry.
5. Rust on your electrical panel - It's always good to inspect your electrical panel on a regular basis. If there is any rusting going on then you have water where there shouldn't be any and you should get in touch with our New Orleans electrician team.
Upgrading Your Service
Older homes may still be wired for 60-amp service, which was considered the state of the art in electrical service during the 1940s. Modern appliances and entertainment options, however, may require 100-amp or even 200-amp service to perform as expected.
Failing to maintain an electrical service panel of sufficient amperage for your needs can have negative side effects, including:
- Overheating at the electrical panel
- Flickering lights and tripped circuit breakers
- Insufficient power for central air conditioning systems
- Inadequate power to operate multiple appliances or devices at the same time
- Reduced performance from large appliances, including washers, dryers, and kitchen stoves
In some cases, these issues can add up to real safety risks for your family. The New Orleans electricians at Doug's can provide cost-effective solutions to help you address these issues promptly. We offer payment plans to make your electrical service panel replacement project even more affordable.
Complete Service for Your Peace of Mind
Doug's also offers top-quality repairs and installation services for your home's electrical needs. It is our goal to provide a comprehensive approach to HVAC services so you are guaranteed every aspect of our work on your home is conducted by knowledgeable and experienced technicians. An HVAC company that offers electrical services as well means better pricing and seamless service.
At Doug's, our New Orleans electrician team takes pride in resolving your electrical service issues quickly and efficiently to ensure your complete satisfaction. Contact us at 985-746-1116 or stop by to learn more about our comprehensive approach to indoor comfort. We look forward to the chance to cater to your home comfort needs.