New Orleans Generator Installation
Generator Repair in New Orleans & Surrounding Areas
At Doug's, we understand that when the power goes out, life still goes on. That's why we offer our residential and commercial customers an outstanding selection of standby generators for home or business. As a Factory Authorized Bryant Dealer, our products are second-to-none, and they'll keep your home or business up and running even when the rest of the world is standing still. You can count on us to provide you with prompt and professional generator services in New Orleans.
Why a Generator Makes Sense
- Smaller units provide just enough power for lighting, running a fridge, or powering an air conditioner
- There is a variety of sizes: Generators can go from 3 to 45 kilowatts
- They supply power automatically whenever and wherever it's needed
- Larger units can power appliances and multiple air conditioners
- They are easy to install in any residential or commercial space
- They are available for new construction or as retrofits
- They are available as prepackaged products
- No worries about food spoilage
- Requires no action on your part
- They operate smoothly
- They are eco-friendly
What Are Standby Generators?
Generators deliver power to your residential and commercial spaces when the electrical grid serving has a service interruption. Powered by propane or gas, these state-of-the-art generators provide backup power whenever you need it and are connected to a home or business using an automatic transfer switch. The system continually evaluates incoming voltage levels. When it detects a power outage, it kicks in automatically. The generator shuts down the power company line before activating its own power line. When the power company line goes back on, the generator turns itself off, closes down its line, and turns the power company line back on.
Advantages of Modern Generator Installation
Standby generators are ultra-convenient and essential to keeping your life reliably on track. Residential and commercial generators seamlessly spring into action when they're needed and turn themselves off when the local power supply is restored. Unlike the large, noisy, expensive, and intrusive portable generators of old, today's generators are quiet, affordable, aesthetically pleasing, and unobtrusive. Business owners, in particular, have found them indispensable when power outages occur.
Signs You Need Generator Repair
1. Visible wear and tear - It's good practice to at least inspect to exterior of your generator on a regular basis and if you're handy feel free to open it up and see that all the parts don't have rust build up or other signs of wear and tear.
2. New loud noises - A little bit of noise coming from your generator is natural but if there are any new sounds that you don't recognize and are cause for concern call in our New Orleans generator repair team.
3. Leaks - Fuel, oil and coolant lines are susceptible to wear and tear just like the rest of your unit. These lines are replaceable, but these issues can worsen if left unaddressed.
4. It takes a while to turn on - Oil level, a dead battery and a malfunctioning starter can all be the culprit here so it's important to call in our generator repair experts to get to the bottom of your situation.
5. You don't subscribe to regular generator maintenance - It's best to have your unit inspected by a trained professional at least once a year, but if you don't have in a generator repair professional so that it doesn't break down when you need it most.