New Orleans Water Heater Repair & Replacement
Handling All Your Water Heater Repair, Replacement & Maintenance
Generally speaking, your water heater is something you don't think too much about. It lives in your utility closet or crawl space, and as long as it's working correctly, it's just not on your mind. But, when it breaks down, what a headache! You're left with no hot water to wash with, and, if it's leaking, a giant mess to clean up. Doug's is here to help! We have decades of experience in residential and commercial water heater installation and will get your hot water back on again in no time.
Water Heater Repair in New Orleans
Even with excellent maintenance and upkeep, breakdowns still happen. When it's your car, you call a mechanic; when it's your water heater, you call Doug's. Our licensed plumbers are trained to complete any water heater repair you may need, from replacing broken components to repairing a faulty pilot light or water heater leak. We can even recommend an appropriate replacement water heater if repairs are not the best long-term solution.
Signs you may need water heater repair include:
- There's a pool of water around the base of your water heater
- You see a visible leak coming from your water heater
- Your water is taking longer and longer to heat up
- Your water isn't running clear
There's nothing worse than not having hot water when you need it! Rely on Doug's to perform expert water heater repair quickly and correctly so you can get back to enjoying your home's hot water.
Water Heater Repair Vs. Replacement
When your water heater breaks down, you have 2 choices. You can either opt for water heater repair or it might be time to consider water heater replacement. In the following 5 instances water heater replacement is the more cost-effective solution in the long run.
1. Your water heater is old - On average tank water heaters last 10 years while tankless water heaters can last for 20 years. If your water heater is much older than that you should consult your New Orleans water heater replacement specialists if it breaks down.
2. You have rusty colored water - If there's only this rust color in your hot water then it's coming from your water heater most likely. If the corrosion is limited to your anode rod, we can replace the rod. But if the rust has spread to your tank then you'll need water heater replacement.
3. Grinding or rumbling sounds - Not all loud sounds from your water heater mean the same thing. If you hear a loud snapping or popping sound then your unit just needs a good cleaning. But these loud grinding, screeching or rumbling sounds are a sign of something worse.
4. One repair after another - While our New Orleans water heater repair experts will always happily come in to fix your water heater, there comes a time when these repair calls add up beyond what it costs to replace your unit.
5. A very expensive repair - Especially if your unit is on the older side, you should always think twice about sinking more money into repairing it and speak with our New Orleans water heater replacement experts.
Hot Water Heater Installation
The types of water heaters we install include:
- Tankless water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Tank water heaters
- Gas water heaters
If you're not sure which type of water heater is best for your needs, don't worry! The licensed professionals at Doug's will explain the benefits of each water heater and help you choose the right one for your home. We proudly assist residential and commercial customers in New Orleans, Thibodaux, Houma, and the surrounding areas.
Tank vs. Tankless Water Heaters
Storage tank water heaters are found in a majority of homes. They usually contain anywhere from 30 to 50 gallons of water, and they store and heat the water when needed. While their installation cost is significantly lower than tankless water heaters, they use up to 41 gallons more water each day and are less energy efficient than their tankless counterparts. Although tankless water heaters are more expensive to install, they save homeowners money over time, they heat water almost immediately, and they do not consume the space of a storage tank water heater. Depending on your specific needs, our plumbers can help you determine which type of water heater is best for you and your home.
Water Heater Maintenance in New Orleans
Your water heater is one of the most important appliances in your home. You need hot water for bathing, laundry, and dishwashing, so you want to be sure it's working properly at all times. Regular water heater maintenance from Doug's is the best way to ensure that the hot water in your home will always be there when you need it.
Yearly water heater maintenance will:
- Increase the life of your water heater by as much as five years
- Ensure all parts and components are working at peak efficiency
- Resolve minor issues that are limiting your water heater's function
- Remove sediment buildup, increasing energy efficiency by up to 15%
Doug's performs maintenance on all makes and models of water heaters.