Ductless Mini Split Systems
New Orleans Ductless Mini Split Technicians
If a traditional air conditioning system or heater is getting too expensive to run in your New Orleans home, then a ductless mini split system might be the right solution. At Doug’s Service Company, our HVAC techs are standing by to help you decide if you want to install a new ductless mini split system. Of course, we can also help with all your repair and maintenance needs if you already have a ductless mini split system that is acting up.
Call 985-746-1116 or contact us online to schedule your service today.
What is a Ductless Mini Split?
A ductless mini split is a clever and cost-efficient way to cool or heat individual rooms of your property. Without the need of any preexisting ductwork, the system is installed in two parts: indoor unit and outdoor unit. They are split apart from one another, hence the name. The indoor unit pulls hot air out of the room it is in and blows it out the outdoor unit; simultaneously, some of the air is pushed through a coolant system before being pumped back into the room. For a ductless system that can provide heat, the process is different, with it pulling heat from the outside ambient air and bringing it inside the room.
Ductless mini splits can be installed as a:
- Wall-mounted unit near the top of the wall (most common)
- Ceiling-recessed unit near the center of the room
- Floor-mounted unit or floor-recessed unit
Thanks to their relatively small size and cleverly compact design, ductless mini splits can be installed almost anywhere in your home. Just let our techs know where you would like one placed, and we’ll tell you how soon we can install it there.
Benefits of a Ductless Mini Split
A ductless mini split system is not just an AC and heating alternative. In many cases, it can be a big improvement from a traditional HVAC system.
A few reasons why you might love a ductless mini split system are:
- Easy installation: When installing a new air conditioning system, it can get costly to install new or improved ductwork. With the simplicity of a ductless mini split system, you can add air conditioning to your home without the need of ducts. This is a great option for homes with no possibility of adding ductwork due to their design or space limitations.
- Energy efficiency: Running a ductless mini split system either to cool or heat a space is often much less energy demanding than a traditional HVAC system. You could see a huge drop in utility costs – upwards of 25% – depending on how often you run the air in your home.
- Individual control: Perhaps the best part of a ductless mini split system is how it gives specific climate control options for each room in your home. Like it cold in the living room but warm in your bedroom for coziness? Just adjust the temperature setting for each room’s own mini split system and keep the bedroom door shut. You can also turn of an indoor unit whenever you aren’t spending time in a particular room, getting you further savings on energy costs!
- Smaller carbon footprint: Don’t forget that consuming less energy also means shrinking your carbon footprint if you’re on the grid. Ductless mini split systems have rapidly become an ecofriendly favorite for this reason.
Call 985-746-1116 to Schedule Repairs, Installation & More
If you ever have any questions about ductless mini split systems, make Doug’s Service Company the name you call first. Thanks to our 30+ years of industry experience, we can conduct repairs, installations, maintenance, and replacements of all types of ductless mini split systems. Whether you have a Mitsubishi, Fujitsu, LG, or another brand of ductless mini split, you can bet we know how to service it.
For services you can trust and prices you love, contact Doug’s Service Company in New Orleans!